Saturday, July 20, 2013

Staycation - The beginning

John, Brenna and Zack left for Alaska today.  I actually found myself sadder than I thought I would be.  It was hard to say goodbye, but I know they are going to have a great time and so am I.

First thing on my Staycation adventure.. a stop at VA Runner where I picked up a new pair of running shoes that I had ordered and while I was in there... I couldn't help myself..

How could I resist these!  I plan on using them to distract and blind any other runners so that I can surge to the front of the race!! :o)  I am not putting up a picture of my new shoes, because I am starting to be embarrassed about my "weakness."  I did give Brenna one of my other pairs of running shoes, so technically I only have 2 pairs - that's not excessive.  Right?

I did go to Circuit Saturdays with the Crew team tonight.  We ran 3 miles of hills, up and down, up and down, up and down.  It was a good workout, the heat is still stifling and oppressive, but we did it.  I missed having Zack and Brenna with me though.  I am beginning to believe that this love of hills that Coach Cox has, may in fact be a serious character flaw! :o)

Finished up the evening with 2 episodes of Project Runaway!  

Tomorrow I'll be cooking most of the day in preparation for the Crew Board meeting I am hosting here on Monday.  But I plan on fitting in a run, walk, trip to the pool and nap as well.  All guilt free - because it's my staycation and I can do WHATEVER I want!!


No comments:

Post a Comment