Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer Week Two and Three - I lose track

Summer is just plugging along... VERY quiet and LOW KEY!  Really just the way I like it.  Let's recap the last week or two:

1.  I'm continuing to run almost every day.  We're on day 16 of July and I think I've run 13 days!  Yeah for me... It's weird, if I don't run, I feel yucky.  I've got a good routine going.  I get up at 600am everyday, I'm out running by 7am - that way I miss the worst of the heat.  If it's not too bad, I come home walk the dogs, then shower and I'm done with it all by 1000am!  Plenty of time to get anything else I need to done.  I've discovered that I don't mind getting up at 600am in the summer if I know that I can take a nap in the afternoon.  I love me some naps - probably in my top 5 favorite things!  I'll get up as early as I need, if there is always a promise of an afternoon nap!

2.  Another running note, I don't seem to be getting much faster.  I'm not sure if that should bother me or not, I'd like to get faster, but I'd also like to get faster without having to work real hard at it.  I tried doing some speed drills the other day, but I didn't like them very much.  I'd like to be fast enough that when the boys run down to the boathouses at Stotesbury to get tours I could go with them.  But.... I don't think there's any way I can keep up with 15 year old boys!  So, the $50,000 question is... Do I really want to be faster?  I mean I'm 46 years old, shouldn't I just be happy with any pace I can keep up that makes me sweat and keeps the weight off.  Hmmm.... a question to ponder....

3.  We had our annual cul-de-sac 4th of July BBQ.  Once again, the cul-de-sac comes through.  We have the best neighborhood.  I didn't take even one picture!  I know, right?  What is happening to me?  The other thing... somehow the fireworks celebration was taken over by the teenage boys.  A little disturbing that the parents just sat around and watched the boys set off all the fireworks, run around, laughing and plotting nefarious plans.  We only had to step in one time when a "plan" turned out not to be the best! :o)  Burning fireworks in a rolling glass bottle or some such plan.

4.  Finished my 7th 5K.  Still on track.  Zack and I ran The Biggest Loser 5K in DC.  It was blazingly hot.  I had to stop and walk quite a few times, but my time was 31:58.  Pretty good considering how much I walked.  If I could just stop myself from walking, my times would be awesome.  Even so, when I checked the official results - Zack actually came in 3rd out of 14 in his age category and I came in 5th out of 61 in my category!  I'm actually really, really, excited about that!!  Very happy and proud of myself.  If I can just balance my pace out so that I don't stop and walk, I'll be doing pretty good!

5.  5 days until John and the kids leave for Alaska and I start my 8 day Staycation!!  I think I'm as excited about staying home as they are about going to Alaska.  I know they are going to have a great time, but so am I.  I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing and not feel guilty about it.  I'm sure I'll run, run, run.  I'm also going to try and catch up on my scrapbooking, have a zombie-a-thon.  I have 8 episodes of the last season of The Walking Dead to catch up on.  I only hope I don't get totally freaked out!  I'm also going to eat what I want, when I want, nap, stay up late... whatever I can think of!  Yeah for family vacations that leave mom at home!  I'm sure I'll miss my family, but they'll be having fun and I'll be enjoying myself so it's a WIN all the way around!

No comments:

Post a Comment