Saturday, July 27, 2013

Staycation Day 2-7

I had planned to Blog everyday about my fabulous Staycation, but that's the beauty of doing WHAT you want, WHENEVER you want!  Plus, I didn't really have much to Blog about.  That's not to say my Staycation hasn't been great, it's actually been perfect - just uneventful.  Pretty much everyday I - run, walk the dogs, read, nap, go to the pool, usually do a couple errands, scrapbook and watch TV.  It's been perfect.  I had 2-3 perfect pool days, I totally burned my ass cheeks.  I decided to wear my old string bikini for tanning purposes.  Since none of my family would be around or really anyone I know - I thought I'd even out some tan lines from my other skirted bathing suit.  Turns out it's not as easy as you think to spray sunscreen on your back and your ass cheeks as you'd think! :o)  So, I got a little crispy.  It's all good.

I've also been scrapbooking like mad!  I'm almost totally caught up.  The family album is caught up and I have 2 more regatta's in Zack's Crew Season Album and that will be done.  Considering I finished Brenna's album 2 years AFTER she stopped rowing, I think I'm way ahead of the game now.  This way - every thing will be caught up by the time they bring all their Alaska pics home.

ALASKA Update -
As far as I can tell, they are having a great time.  The initial shock of togetherness seems to have worn off and they have found a way to co-exist.  They didn't have much luck with the Salmon fishing, I think they are bringing a couple home.  They had better luck with the Halibut and Rock fish boat trip.  So, they will be bringing some fish home.  They toured Denali and saw bear, moose and caribou.  They toured the Kenai Glacier and saw glaciers calving and then saw tons of whales, including mommas and babies.  Then the Halibut boat and fishing.  They bought lots of souvenirs, saw lots of amazing scenery, ate yummy food, but I think everyone will be ready to come home tomorrow.

I am ready for them to come home as well, but I must admit I think I like being alone just a little too much.  It's so nice not to have to worry about what anyone else wants or about how whatever you decide to do is going to effect everyone else.  But, I do think it would be a little boring and a quite a bit lonely if it went on for very much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment