Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My "First" Comment

Yesterday I received my first comment. Let me clarify, my 1st comment from a "stranger", from someone who doesn't know me, someone who linked to me or found me! I am not in anyway detracting from my friends and family who have commented, I love you all, but it's sort of like when your husband tells you - "you look beautiful" - I always feel like, "yeah, right... you have to say that, you're my husband." :o) So, a comment from someone who doesn't know me is very exciting! Even better... it's someone I "know!" Well, I don't really "know" her, but I've been following/lurking around her blog for a long time. I discovered her through my friend Kristie's AMAZING blog.. http://notquitewhatihadplanned.kristieokc.com/.

My "commenter" is a woman who has suffered a tragedy that most of us imagine only in our worst nightmares. Yet she continues to blog with an intensity and honesty that is amazing. Her blog is brutally honest, terrifyingly heartbreaking and funny.

She has let me into a world I had absolutely no experience with, she has opened my eyes, I hope increased my compassion and at times made my heart bleed with sorrow. While I can't say I've always enjoyed following her through this tragedy, I will thank her for letting us all in.

I hope that I learn something, I hope that I am more understanding and supportive and more than anything I wish I could do something...anything for her. http://gorillabuns.typepad.com/my_weblog/

1 comment:

  1. Well, I *do* know her, and trust me when I tell you she is as amazing in person as she is in her writing. I just wish she was still writing about the stuff she was writing about when I first met her. :(

    Kudos to you, though. I love reading your blog because I feel like I've known you since "way back when" our boys were only babies! Great way to keep in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete