Monday, January 4, 2010

Curses on my friend Kristie!

I love my friend Kristie... she is my blogging and pretty much life idol. If you want to read some wonderful writing check her out at http://www.notquitewhatihadplanned.com/ You won't be disappointed I promise.... but back to the curses I'm lobbing her way....

I've been struggling along on my New Year's "bat shit crazy- what was I thinking- how could I be so stupid" Resolution. Then I read Kristie's comment... All I can say, is God she's a smart woman!
Here's her point... and I think a very validate point at that....

I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't overeat, I don't beat my children or my husband (wishing doesn't make it so) maybe I yell a little too much, but last time I checked that didn't cause cancer. So, if my only vice is Diet Soda... is that really so bad??? I am screaming out a resounding NO! Can you hear me? Cause my ears are ringing... No, dammit it's not so bad at all! So maybe I want to rethink my resolution.....

Do I think I'd be healthier if I gave up caffeine, soda and artificial sweetener...probably yes. But on the other hand does the world want a healthier longer-lived me if I'm a total BITCH???? I think we all know the answer to that... I'm almost more bitch than most can handle when I am fully caffienated and sodafied! I hesitate to imagine a crankier, bitchier me...

So, all day today, I've been rolling Kristies arguments around in my head and when the raging headache and nausea hit and I fell back on the Excedrin Migraine - I began to wonder...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry I made you doubt yourself .... but shoot, misery loves company and if YOU give up diet soda then at some point *I'll* have to feel guilty about not giving up my diet soda and goodness knows we can't have that!!! :)
    PS. I stand by everything I said. I have one vice ..... honestly, I don't think that's so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love you! I'm leaning toward jumping on your bandwagon! :o)

    ReplyDelete