Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow-Laughingstock

So we have another snow day today... I'm not complaining, I'm just puzzled! I took a ruler out on the deck today and if I squint real hard, it looks like we might have 1/8 of an inch. I mean the windshield wasn't even fully covered???
I know all the rationalizations, it's a big county, icy road potential, keep the kids safe etc... but really? We've had 5 snow days so far this year and according to my reckoning... one was for rain, one was for a "predicted" storm that didn't hit until 6pm and this one was for what could only generously be termed a dusting of snow.
Don't get me wrong I don't mind a nice snow day, especially when the weather is nice and I'm not inconvenienced at all. With a 17 year old and a 12 year old they both sleep until noon so it's like they are at school anyway. It would be doubly nice if I could go back to sleep like they do, but once I watch the news, waiting for the closings scroll to go by at least twice since I can't freaking believe it actually said CLOSED, then I sneak in and tell the kids to turn off their alarms, then the dogs are up so I have to feed them and let them out - I might as well stay up and have extra quiet time in the morning.
So, while I'm enjoying the quiet day scrapbooking, blogging and catching up on my shows - I'm embarrassed that all the states with real snow and going to be making fun of us and we will be the laughingstock of the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment