Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years....

Seems hard to believe that it's been 10 years since the Towers were hit.    I remember watching it all unfold on TV.  B was at school and I was a getting ready to take Z to preschool and I just stood there in stunned horror.  John was TDY in Georgia and I wondered how and when he would get home.

I remember thinking what a horrible accident until the 2 plane hit and then I remember thinking who? how? why?  Could this really be happening?  Wondering what should I do?  Who should I call and then pretty much spending the day trapped in front of the television, riveted by the horror, heartbreak and stories of amazing heroism.  To this day, the idea of those men and women running into those buildings as they fell to try and rescue people amazes me.

John made it home 3-4 days later after finding the last rental car in GA and driving back to Wichita Falls with coworkers.  We tried to keep as much as we could from the kids.  When they are 8 and 3 you have to protect them as much as possible.

So while today I will remember and be thankful for all that I have in my life.  I don't think I'm going to be watching too much TV.  It's too painful and heart-wrenching.  On the other hand, it would be nice if some of our political leaders would sit down and watch and remember that we can come together as a country, we can all get along and we can work toward what works best for the nation and not ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment