Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summer Update #2

I don't know why it's so hard to write.  It's not like my days are jam packed, but everyday I look at the blog and instead I choose to nap, read or do nothing.  This really has been the summer of a whole lot of nothing.  I'm not saying that's bad, it just doesn't give me much food for the blog fodder.
So, summer update #2 -

#1 - We have almost completed our Dorm room shopping.  Personally I believe that they should give out medals for this event and I totally earned a GOLD medal.  We got 90% of everything on her list....in one day... and no one died!!!  Not only that, but no one got cranky, no one cried and no one yelled.  This is even more amazing if you consider the fact that we stood in front of the Target towel display for I KID YOU NOT... for over an hour!  Who knew that the choice of towel color was so CRITICAL to college success.  But I was patient, I was tolerant, I was even helpful. And eventually the choice (hallelujah!) was made and we checked out.  But it didn't end there, no the amazing shopping performance of me continued because we moved on to IKEA and comforters.  I know you know how this story goes... the only difference is that I actually picked out a pillow and lay down on the floor while the great comforter debate raged.  But again, no one cried, no one sulked and no one died and we left with a comforter.  All that's left is the easy stuff, cleaning supplies, school supplies etc...  She got her dorm room assignment and roommate.  Muse Dorm, room 124B and Samantha Wooldridge.  They actually met on Facebook and have been messaging back and forth over the summer.  Hopefully that will give them a leg up over doing just random selection.  3 more weeks and we head down to check her in.

#2 - For the first time in probably 17years, we no longer have a room devoted to toys.  The Toy Room is no longer.  John has a very cool Man Cave/Home office.  He's got the computer, a TV and a lazy boy.  It's a nice little retreat for him.  It's weird not to have a toy room.  Zack has taken over the basement and Brenna is in limbo until she leaves.

#3 - The heat has been atrocious!  Almost too hot to do anything except hide in the house.  We've done plenty of swimming and movies.  Added Xmen First Class (awesome) and the last Harry Potter (sad, but good). Captian America and Cowboys and Aliens on the To Do list.  We (really Brenna) spent a couple of weeks mourning the last Harry Potter.  They were there for the midnight showing - actually about 3 hours early.  Zack and I saw it a bit later.

#4 - Visited Buffalo for a couple days.  It's always a nice trip, but tiring.  We flew Brenna and Melanie there about 4 days early and then we drove up and met them.  It made for a very interesting car ride up with only Zack in the car.  The boy can sleep!  We finished up breakfast at 630am and that boy slept until Erie, PA!  That's about 8 hours in my estimation.  Made for a very quiet trip.  So, we were worried about the ride home with all 3 kids.  Love me some teenagers!  Melanie slept the entire trip and B and Z slept all but 90 minutes of it.  YEAH!!!  Sure beats the days of "she's looking out my window!"  "He's chewing too loud!"  Oh yeah it does!

#5 - Zack is still sleeping like a champ... record so far this summer... 4pm!

Waiting for the heat to clear and starting to get geared up for the new school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment