Tuesday, October 25, 2011

When is inappropriate always appropriate?

 When it's GRANDPA BUD!  My dad is the funniest, naughtiest, most inappropriate Grandpa ever!  But that's why my kids love him so much.  My dad doesn't do "kids", by that I mean he was never the grandpa that played Barbies or trains or talked baby talk.  He always treats my kids like mini adults.  He's the grandpa that sent pocket knives and BB guns when they were toddlers!  Many of his presents were sooo cool, but had to be put on a "safe" shelf until the kids could be trusted not to kill or injure themselves or each other with their presents.
He's the Grandpa that includes curse words and foul language in every birthday card.  He's the grandpa that stores his loaded gun on the top of the refrigerator because "the kids can't reach up there."
 When Grandpa Bud's in town there's always vodka on the counter, cigarettes in the ashtrays and weapons at the ready.  He's the Grandpa we want to go live with when the Zombie Apocalypse hits!  This week he sent Zack a vintage T-shirt.  This t-shirt has been around since 1975 and now it's been bequeathed to Zack and he loves it.  Of course he wanted to wear it to school the very next day....Ummm....NO!   Don't think today's "kinder, gentler" schools would appreciate a machine gun shirt...professing Big Mac Attack!  I know Zack can wear that shirt to school and Grandpa Bud can visit wearing his "Kill 'em all let God sort them out!" shirt!  I can bet you my name would be hot in the PTA circles! :o)
I love that my kids can appreciate the "naughtiness" of Grandpa Bud.  I spend a lot of time telling them not to repeat or listen to anything Grandpa Bud says and that just makes them laugh even harder.  It's always good to have a rebel on your side!

No comments:

Post a Comment