Saturday, March 9, 2013

Snowflakes and Sci Fi!

We did end up getting a little bit of snow.  Sadly, here in Virginia even a little bit of snow was enough to get us 2 snow days!  I think we actually got about 2 inches of snow, but it was mainly mixed with rain, so it wasn't even very pretty or enjoyable.  But I'm not going to argue with 2 days to do nothing.  I spent them scrapbooking, catching up on projects and watching my favorite old Sci Fi movies.  I watched Logan's Run, which is actually the first real Science Fiction movie I remember watching.  I was in the 5th or 6th grade and we had a TV on a rolling cart that we could move from room to room.  I snuck it in my room, turned all the lights off and kept the volume really low so I wouldn't get busted and I watched Logan's Run.  I was fascinated and amazed by this movie.    Next on my trip down memory lane... Fantastic Voyage!  Oh how I loved this movie.  They shrink the people down, and inject them into the human body and off they go.  I was fascinated by it all.  Lastly, The Andromeda strain!  I think all these movies are why I love Science Fiction, why I'm a Lab Tech and why I love Microbiology so much.  No matter how campy or out of date or silly they seem I love them.  They are like comfort food for my brain.  I'm so thankful for the 2 days to let me enjoy them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment