Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bits and Pieces

I feel compelled to Blog something since it's been so long since I last posted something.  But.... nothing much has been going on.  I guess that's a good thing!  No drama is the way I want my life to run.

1.  I ran 6 freaking miles today!  I hadn't run in about 4 days, due to weather, laziness and time factors so today I decided "what the hell - let's just see if I can run that far."  So I did.  It wasn't the fastest, but I wasn't going for time, I was going for distance.  And I damn well did it!  I've discovered the first 1-2miles just suck to all ends of the earth, but if I can get past that point then it's not too bad.  I do still have to stop and walk occasionally, but that's fine with me.

Best running quote "Whether it's a 14 minute mile or a 7 minute mile, it's still a mile!"

2.  Brenna comes home on Thurs and then leaves again on Friday for the Galapagos Islands.  That lucky dog!

3.  John is playing his last hockey game tonight.  He's decided that it takes too big a toll on him and since most of the games they play are 900pm or later, he just can't do it anymore.  I know he's a little bit sad about that.

4. Spring crew started this week and it is freaking FREEZING!  Those kids are out on that water, doing their best, but it is cold, cold, cold!  I can't wait for the regattas to start!  He's still loving it and he's excited about being in a boat.

That's really about it for here.  Life is good and we're just plugging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment