Thursday, March 28, 2013

She's actually a girl

John had to go to a Reception at the Marine Commandants house in DC to represent Spectrum and he persuaded me to accompany him.  I tried everything I could to get out of it.  It meant I had to go out and  buy and outfit, shoes and even jewelry.  I didn't think it would be the kind of event that my "dressy" sweats would be good enough for.  So I tromped off to the mall - shoot me now - and actually had to try on dresses and stuff.  And what the hell is up with shoes these days?  You either had to choose 6-8 inch hooker heels and there were 1 inch grandma shoes.  I just wanted a nice pair of high, but not too high, heels.  It took me forever to find something.  So, off we went - dressed as grownups.  It was actually an okay evening.  The house was beautiful and the food was good, but I just hate having to make small talk with people I don't know.  Heck, let's be honest I don't like making small talk with people I DO know!  All in all it was a decent grown up evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment