Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas 2013

Christmas came and went and it was very nice.  I still don't have my gifts to the family mailed yet, nor do I have our "christmas" letter written, but we enjoyed our family Christmas.  John and I were up at 615am, sitting around waiting for the kids to come down.  My how times have changed.  They did end up getting up about 715am, so we didn't have to wait to long for them.
We did all our traditional things, stockings first - then yummy breakfast pizza and finally the presents under the tree.  I think everyone enjoyed most of their presents.
Christmas Eve - traditional pajama presents

Waiting patiently for the kids to get up




This was the year of clothes for Zack.  Who would have thought that a 15 year old boy number one gift request would be clothes.  The boy has turned into quite the fashionista, he's very much into the swathers with button-down shirts under them.  Khaki flat front pants in different colors.  Even Brenna asked where he got his fashion style.. implying that I couldn't give him that ability?  Whatever… :o)  Truth be told, he is his own fashion man…  

Christmasy Cooper


Best Christmas present ever… Mr. Spock Bobble-head!  Because nothing says Merry Christmas like Mr. Spock!  Now he is sitting on my desk watching over my calendar and To Do list with all his Star Trek logic!

Christmas can wear a boy out!

Christmas can wear a Dad out!



We ended the day with our traditional Cul-de-sac Christmas.  I think this is the 3rd year at least that we've done Cul-de-sac Christmas.  This year we brought Honey Baked Ham, cornbread stuffing, glazed carrots and bite-sized apple pies.  There was so much food it was almost embarrassing.  The Prices made 2 turkeys.  We also had mashed potatoes, salad, zucchini casserole, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, chocolate pie, christmas cookies and it goes on and on and on!  I swear I was carrying around a 9lb food baby!   The kids including the big boys were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. The grownups hung out in the kitchen eating and laughing and gabbling.  It was a great way to end the night.   I'm just so thankful for our neighbors.  We were able to celebrate a "family" Christmas when none of us could be with our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment