Monday, December 2, 2013

November Recap!

It's been a crazy busy November!  I can't believe it's almost done and December is right around the corner.  Virtually every night I look at my To Do list and there is BLOG right at the top… and still I don't sit down and write.  So, maybe a few highlights with some pics to recap!

#1 - On Nov 2nd, I ran 10miles… 10 freaking miles all at one time.  I wanted to do it, just to see if I could and I did.  It wasn't pretty and it wasn't fast, but I flipping did it!!

#2 - Zack and I ran my 11th 5K race on Nov 10th.   It was the Robinson Crew's 5K fundraiser.  I actually ran a PR - 28:59.  I was pretty happy with my performance and it was really nice running with Zack.

#3 - Zacky ran his first 10K on Nov 17th!  It was sort of an accident.  I was volunteering to help at the Lake Ridge Runners Turkey Trot since I'd already run my Nov 5K.  Coach Cox was running it and wanted me to see if we could get some of the Crew kids to run it.  When I went to sign them up I thought it was a 5K run, but it was a 5K walk and a 10K run…. Coach Cox and Stephanie ( the race director) insisted that "those Crew Boys" had to do the 10K!  So, then I had to text Zack and the rest of them and say…"oops, I guess you guys are actually running a 10K!"  But, you know what I love most about those kids… every single one of them, just shrugged their shoulders and said "Okay."  Like it was no big deal!  Me… I would have been whiney like a little girl baby!  We got about 6-7 kids out to run with Coach Cox and I think they all had a good time.  They didn't run to kill themselves, they all stuck together and ran as a group.  I just love those kids!!  

#4 - Zack took his test to get his driver's permit… say it ain't so… it ain't… he failed it!  You could only miss 6 and he missed 7!  I couldn't freaking believe it.  My smartypants baby boy, failed his first permit test.  Probably because he was just a little too arrogant and over confident.  Then when I told him he should probably study the driver's manual… he acted like I was crazy!  I think his exact words were… "you want me to read THE WHOLE book???"  What does he frigging think… he's just magically going to know how to drive a car.  Now he has to wait 15 days before he can try again.  Hmmm… I wonder if he'll try reading "the whole book" this time?

#5 - Job is going great.  I still love it.  Not sure what that says about me, but I love the copy center.  Zack rides to school with me every morning, he stops by to see me during the day (mainly for the candy) and hangs out in the morning to finish homework etc… it's great.  Everyone seems to love me and they say the copy center has never run so efficiently.  It sure doesn't seem like it's that complicated, so I'm not sure what the guy before me was doing?  Especially since he worked full time in there??!!!

#6 - Crew is up and running.  Winter Conditioning has started and we're going full bore.  Lots of changes going on, which means lots of drama.  But, that's okay.  I love Coach Cox and the vision he has for the team, so I don't mind dealing with all the hoopla!  Our fearless leader, David Tatum, is being deployed to Korea for a year, so guess who gets to step up and be "Interim President" while he's gone.  It's fine.  He'll still be available via email, text and possible Skype!  I really don't mind, I love this team, the parents (mostly) and the kids.  It gives me a great sense of satisfaction to be helping the team.  Zack is doing amazing and really seems to enjoy it.  I think he has a really good chance of being in a Varsity boat this season if he keeps up the hard work.  I'm working out with team during winter conditioning and I'm loving it.  Getting some Erg lessons and learning all sorts of stuff.

#7 - Back to running at least 3 times a week when at all possible, more if I can, but I haven't quite gotten my routine in order with the new job.  It's a juggle to work, walk the dogs, run and do whatever errands need to be taken care of.  Winter conditioning helps, but I still don't have it quite down yet.  My foot is 95% healed!  The plantar facsitis is virtually gone, so I'm trying not to overdo it too much with the running and build back up to running everyday.  I'm also thinking of getting a bike for Christmas and giving that a try just as a different way to work out.

All in all, November has been crazy busy, but good!  Bring it December!!

No comments:

Post a Comment