Saturday, June 13, 2015

Run This Year

I've come almost to a standstill with my May month off, but now I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.  I'm erging and rowing so that's helping, but I'm still working on getting my run back on.  I can't believe how hard it is to start running again, once you've taken time off and broken the habit.  Today was Graduation.  We had 17 seniors graduate today, including the Valedictorian, so I really wanted to go to the ceremony.  I had to row this morning from 7-9am and the ceremony started at 900am, so I thought might as well just run up to the ceremony when practice ended.  I mean, I'd already be in my workout clothes, there's no way I'd be able to find parking, so running made sense.  Until I started running.... Sweet Jesus, what the hell was I thinking??? Just "run up to the school" in 90 degrees and humidity.  Obviously, I'd lost all my sense!  It was horrendous!  But I did make it up to the school in time to hear the speeches and watch the ceremony.  So very bittersweet.  I can't believe in one year, Zack will be taking part in the ceremony.  I'm really just ignoring that as much as I can.  I'm so not ready for Zack to leave and go to college. I don't want to be an empty nester.  Not yet anyway.
My "run" did accomplish one thing... I finally hit the 500 mile mark on my Run This Year challenge.
Hopefully my mileage will pick up as soon as school lets out and I have a little more free time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment