Tuesday, September 22, 2015

5K Erg Test - SUCKS!!

We were tasked by our coach to do a 5K erg test and send her the results.  What the hell???  I mean, I know we're the "competitive women," but... seriously... a 5K test.  I'm not quite sure what exactly is to be gained by us doing a 5K test.  I mean, there are only 12 of us on the team anyway, so we're lucky if we can fill out an 8 for every race.  It's not like we're competing for seats, if you are at practice you get a seat.  Also, if we do have all 12 rowers on any give day, then we row the 8 and a "young 4."  So, by virtue of showing up and being old, I get to row in the 8.  Then why the 5K test??  Because she said so....
So, being a good girl and a rule follower,  I did it.  I wasn't sure even what to aim for, she said low 20's.  A 2:30 split would give a time of 25:00min.  I knew I wanted to be lower than 2:30.  I held a 2:10 for my 2K, no way I can hold that for a 5K.  Off to Gold's Gym I went...

I was pretty happy with my time.  I'm not sure I could have done much better... maybe shave a sec or two off if I repeated it, but why????  Pretty sure, I'm still one of the slowest, if not the slowest, on the team, but I'm also one of the smallest.  That's the other thing, if she doesn't do some sort of weight adjustment, there's no way for her to compare our times.  There's no way I can compete with some of the women on this team! Oh well, it's done, we'll let the chips fall where they may!

No comments:

Post a Comment