Sunday, September 27, 2015

Head of the Potomac

Our first real regatta of the year... would it be cancelled?  would it go on? GAME ON!

Zack and I ready to head out together for our first regatta of the year.  I'm racing in 2 races, the women's 8 and a mixed 8.  I guess when you row for the racing women, you always do 2 races.  Little nervous about that, I hope I have 2 races in me.  Seems like an awful lot of work! :o)   It's funny that no one even asked if we wanted to do 2 races.  The fun thing, Zack is coxing my mixed 8!

All calculus all the time! Such a good boy!

He seems so grownup and like such a man!











Best bow mate ever!  Jay and I are like 2 peas in a pod, probably going to get in trouble if they keep us together!

I made it through both races!  It was tough, but not as bad as I expected it to be.  Probably because in the mixed 8, you have the guys helping row so it makes it a little easier.  Our Women's 8 came in 5/9 and out time was 20:34.4.  I don't even know if that's a good time or a bad time, but I'm fine with it.  The Mixed 8 was 4/6 and our time was 20:10.2.  Seems like our women's time was pretty good if it was only 24 seconds slower than the mixed 8's time.  Zack is a most excellent coxswain!  It again amazes me how good he is.  I don't know why I'm always amazed when my kids do something great, but I am.  He was so calm and decisive.  My favorite thing that he says is, "Stay with me, Stay with me."  It always makes me want to push harder.

I love this picture from Sport Graphics.  I know I'm not really, but it makes me look pretty badass!!  So, I'll just pretend!!   Here's to surviving my first regatta with the Racing Women without embarrassing myself or crying like a little baby!! :o)  Let's see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment