Sunday, February 14, 2016

Settling back in...and...Gold's Gym Erg Sprints

Things are getting back to normal. Dreams of Hawaii are fading away, back to work, practice, sleep, work, practice, sleep.  I'm back on the Healthy Train and it seems to be going pretty well.  I haven't yet been back to spin class... but I'm heading there soon, plenty of erging, a little bit of running.  

Gold's Gym Erg Sprints were this weekend.  We had about 40 kids participate.  It was a great day.  Lots of successful rowers, a couple 1st's including freshman boys, lots of 2nd's and 3rd's.  I had about 6 novice girls participate.  None did very well as far as medals, but I was very proud of them for participating, and doing their very best!  I think they were pretty proud of themselves.  Zack's mixed relay came in 2nd. And we retained out Mother/Son relay champion medals!
Last Erg Sprints for these boys!

My Novice girls!

Woodbridge Erg Sprints Team 2016
Mixed Relay - 2nd place


Team Hyzy - 2nd year in a row!

Parent/Child Relay Team winners!

It was a great day.  Exhausting, but so much fun.  Then the coaches went out for margaritas afterwards, that was even more fun.  Geez, I haven't laughed that much in ages!  Spent part of the night drunk texting Brenna and trying to get her and Tim hooked up!  Really more like buzz texting, I only had 2 margaritas so it wasn't really drunk texting.  It was a hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment