Sunday, January 30, 2011

We're off...

Tomorrow John and I leave on a 4 day cruise to celebrate our 20th anniversary. John's mom and dad have come down to watch the kids, good luck to them on that. Of course I've left a plenty of instructions and tried to put the "fear of mom" into the kids, but who knows what will happen. You know... when the cat's away the mice will play...

I'm excited and not. I don't do "pre-trip" well. Once I'm actually there I'll be fine, but I'm not good in the days that lead up to a trip. Too much imagining fiery plane crashes, pirates or what's that cruise ship diarrhea bug... yeah imagining that too. Visions of children breaking arms, having sex when Grandma and Grandpa let down their guard etc... just too much imagining in general.

We are cruising to Key West, Nassau in the Bahamas and Cococay also in the Bahamas. It will be nice to get away from the snow and cold for a little. I'm not as convinced it will be nice to put this pasty white body in a bathing suit, but what are you gonna do? Drink a lot maybe?

Anyway, I do find it a little creepy (not creepy bad, creepy good) to think that John and I have been married for 20 years. It really doesn't seem possible... 20 years really?

No comments:

Post a Comment