Monday, April 16, 2012

My very own Hippo Habitat!

Before
If you recall, the most wonderful Christmas decoration ever... Herald the Hippo came to live at our house this winter.  He was wonderful and magical and I love, love, love him.   When it came time to put the Christmas decorations away, I couldn't bear to lock him away up in the attic for the rest of the year.  So, we took off his Christmas outfit and he claimed a spot in our front garden.  I thought originally I would find different outfits and props for him to celebrate the various holidays, you know... the Valentine Hippo, the Easter Hippo, but we both realized he was much too dignified for those kinds of shenanigans so he remained "au natural" in our garden.  This past weekend we began our plan to redo the front flower bed and turn it into a wonderful Hippo Habitat and we finished it today.  It's going to be wonderful, especially once all the plants start to grow and fill in.  I love, love, love my Hippo Habitat!  I'm sure I'll keep adding little bits and pieces here and there... I have my eye on a particularly adorable Buddha Elephant statue... can you say Happy Mother's Day... hint, hint... What would be more perfect in my Hippo Habitat than and elephant Buddha!

Laying it out

Getting it planted

Finished 

After



Look how happy Herald is!

No comments:

Post a Comment