Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day, better late than never...

        Being sick for Mother's Day....BLOWS!  The only thing good about being sick on Mother's Day is it allowed me to stay in bed all day with little to no guilt.  I did manage to get 3 loads of laundry done, but for the most part I napped all day long.  Despite being sick I did have a very nice day.
My family took good care of me and besides the laundry I didn't do anything else.  When I got up I found sticky notes from Brenna all over the kitchen.  Everywhere I turned there was a sweet little note waiting for me.  It was such a sweet gesture that it made me very happy.  Then I got the traditional homemade cards.  That's all I ever want.  The best Mother's Day for me is homemade cards and someone else to do my chores!  Check. Check.



But they killed it with gifts this year as well.  I got a Doggie Buddha - that is THE. CUTEST. THING. EVER.  I could hardly bear to put him outside, but he looks marvelous in the Hippo Habitat.  The next thing was a Zen rock tower.  Again looks perfect under our new weeping Japanese Maple.  Score on all fronts!


No comments:

Post a Comment