Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Laundry and 14, what do they have in common?

14 seems to be the age when my children become disdainful of my laundry services.  I don't mind doing laundry and all I ever ask of the kids is that they sort their laundry into the laundry baskets when it's laundry time and then to put away the clean folded clothes that I set on their beds.   When Brenna turned 14 I caught her putting the clean, folded clothes back into the laundry basket to be washed again, instead of putting them away.  Ding, Ding, Ding - time to learn to do you own laundry!  With Zack it's a little bit different,  he's just too darn lazy, or distracted or "busy" to get his clothes into the baskets... It's not like it's a surprise that he needs to sort his laundry.  I put the baskets out on Friday night and I do  laundry on Sat afternoon.  Doesn't seem like to hard a task to sort his clothes... but he didn't...so Ding, Ding, Ding... time to learn to do his laundry!  My little boy is growing up!


No comments:

Post a Comment