Monday, September 16, 2013

Day One....

Today is the first day of my 2 week break from running.  John talked to a PT for me at his clinic and pretty much the only way to get this blasted foot to heal ( Dr Google and I have diagnosed it as plantar fascitis) is to take some time off. 10 days to 2 weeks.  ARGGGGHHHHH!!!  I don't want to, but I'm also really tired of the pain.  I can hardly walk in the mornings, I limp all day long - it's not fun at all.

So... it looks like our Erg and I are going to become Besties!!!  Although I find it hard to believe that erging will offer me the same kind of calorie burn and workout as running.  Zack thinks it will be even better... I guess we'll see.  He's going to come down and check my form and give me some pointers.

I'm also going to give Zack's bike a try.  My neighbor Jennie just finished biking across Iowa or some such craziness, so I'll hop on the bike and give it a try.  Since I haven't ridden a bike since I was about 10, I'm not sure how successful I'm going to be, but I'll keep an open mind.  I'm sort of fantasizing that I'll discover I love biking and will be able to do it well enough that next year I might try one of those Spring Triathalons.  They are roughly 750m swim, 20mile bike and 5K run.  The only thing that might be tough is the swimming, but I could do it if I tried and trained... I think... Anyway, first step is riding the bike and then we'll see.  Actually first step is surviving not running for 2 weeks.  Who in their right mind would EVER imagine that I would be whining and crying about NOT being able to run!!  I really have become someone else!  Heal, damn foot, Heal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment