Monday, September 30, 2013

Run Julie Run

I ran today!  Hallelujah!!!  Finally... It felt good, if running ever really feels good.  I did a lot better than I expected.  I did 3 miles, average 10:09, which is pretty darn good even when I was running every day.  My goal, before the last 2 weeks was to try to be below 10 min as often as I can.  So, 10:09 after 2 weeks off makes me pretty happy.

My foot is still not healed.  It definitely feels better, but that's not surprising since I haven't run in two weeks.  I'm sure as soon as I start back up, we'll be back where we started.  John went online with Dr Google and found some treatment plans, so I bought a boot to wear at night to help with the pain when I get up.  I also found a compression sleeve made for Plantar Facisitis and I'm supposed to take Alleve morning and night.  So I'm going to try those things and see if that helps.  I'm also still toying with the idea of getting a bike.  I'm going to borrow one again, a better one, and if it works out I'm going to buy my own, because I think I'll like biking.

I'm very happy to be running again.  Which is so totally weird...  Gotta get running this week, because it's Zombie weekend!  Saturday is the big Zombie 5K!  Very nervous....


No comments:

Post a Comment