Sunday, February 16, 2014

A snow day WITH snow…finally

We're going on our 2nd snow day with actual snow this time.  We've had at least 5 "snow days" this year so far, but they have actually been ice days, rain days, a couple "too cold" days and one day with less than a 1/2 an inch of snow.  But this time… they seem to have gotten in right.  We got about 12-14 inches of snow on Thursday - we were off Thurs and Friday.  Monday is a holiday - so we're enjoying a 5 day weekend.  I've been slowly but surely working my way through my To Do list.  All those things I've been putting off, because I've been so busy with work, crew etc…

We did a little Cul-de-sac shovel party.  That always makes things more fun - if we're all out there together!  We got the whole cul-de-sac and even the road shoveled.  Mike had his tractor out and we all went to town.  He may only get to use that darn tractor once or twice every couple of years, but we sure are thankful for it when he does.

 
Even the boy got out there and did some work.  He's virtually impossible to get out of his room and off the computer, but once you do, he's a damn hard worker.  I'll give him that.  Wouldn't it be nice though if they'd just jump up and "Oh yes, I want to help.  Shoveling will be a fun family bonding adventure." That's what it would be like in Julie's LaLa Land! If I had my way :o)


The dogs got into it after a bit of hesitation.  Of course they wouldn't go out and go pee, until we all went out to shovel.  I don't understand how they can hold their pee for so long!  They romped around for quite a bit.  Zoey looked like a little cow gazelle.  The snow came up past her belly so she had to leap and bound everywhere. It was pretty humorous.
The snow banks made perfect beer coolers for the guys.  They were silly, like little kids, mainly I think because they felt a little naughty drinking beer at 1030 in the morning!  But they worked hard and they deserved it.  I certainly did not feel guilty eating the chocolate chip muffin I hid in the pantry when I finished!!

No comments:

Post a Comment