Saturday, December 26, 2015

It's a Christmas Miracle

Something happened today, something I'd hoped for, I'd dreamed of, but never thought I'd get to see any time soon....
Zack cleaned his room.... that sounds so simplistic... it's hard to explain the disaster that is Zack's room.  When he moved down into the basement, he lost a lot of space, both physical and storage wise.  There is literally no room in his room for anything but a bed, his desk and a chest of drawers.  His closet is much smaller as well.  We did offer to buy him more drawers, or shelves or anything that would help him, but he wasn't interested.  His floor became his storage space, the closet became the "lost island of clothes".  Under his bed.... I don't even want to talk about it...scary.  We pretty much gave up asking him to clean, once you get beyond a certain point there doesn't seem to be anyway to stem the tide or get ahead of it.   He keeps everything else, his bathroom, the basement pretty well under control.  So, we gave up on his room.
I don't even have any pictures of it, because, well just because... but this one gives a few hints of what it was like.
 But yesterday he asked for trash bags to put clothes he didn't want in... I didn't even dare to hope, I just got him a couple of bags....

4 bags of clothes and 2 bags of trash later... the Christmas miracle was complete.  He moved down the extra stand alone closet to hang clothes on.  He found an extra bookshelf... 
It was more than I dared hope for!  I wonder how long it will last?

No comments:

Post a Comment