Wednesday, March 23, 2016

On the Water...

Practice has been going pretty well.  We've been lucky this year, the weather has not been great, but not so bad that we've had to cancel much practice.  It's wet, cold, and windy, but we can handle it and it's building character.  I'm not going to lie, it's been challenging with 2 8's.  I feel like I'm not giving either one the attention that they deserve, but I'm doing the best that I can.  It's also an added challenge because Meehan took one of my novices up to Varsity to fill out his boats, so I'm left with a Freshman 8 and a Novice 7.  Fortunately, very often we've got extra boys and they've been rowing with the girls.  Not sure how much they enjoy it, but it does make it easier for me.

I'm finding that I'm starting to enjoy the girls, I know I was so very "hesitant" when sent to the girls side, but I'm finding myself being drawn in.  Maybe they are just a good group of girls, which they are... but maybe girls aren't as bad as I imagined...

Here's one example of the difference between boys and girls...
I always have snacks, it's my "thing."  Power bars, granola bars, nutra grain bars, in my bag, in my locker etc..  The boys know this and have always counted on it.  Well, the girls discovered them this season and it's all I can do to keep them fed!! Those girls can eat...  Anyway, I had a tupperware full of power bars and when they were all gone, the girls approached me.  "Coach Hyzy, all the power bars are gone." they said, looking expectantly at me... but then... they said, "We've been talking and we're going to take turns bringing in bars, you shouldn't have to buy them all the time." ????? Say What?   Boys, would never/have NEVER done that, even thought of that!  #teamgirls

No comments:

Post a Comment