Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How Happy Am I?

Today was day 3 of Woodbridge High School's Homecoming Spirit Week. Today was Character day. I've been working up at my Spiritwear Store all week. I have had the best seat in the house for "the show." And sometimes it's definitely a "show!" Monday was Decades Day.
Lots of tie-dye, lots of tights, headbands and leg warmers, a few flappers and even some cavemen.

Tuesday was Wacky Tacky Day. Again, lots of different shoes, different socks, shorts on top of pants. Tutus (I really want a tutu...but I digress), crazy hair and a fair amount of fishnet, but not as bad as I expected and I was able to escape with my eyes and sensibilities in tact.

Today was Character Day. I breathed a sigh of relief, I'd made it through Tacky day and somehow in my own little head I had interpreted Character Day to mean Literary Character Day... My Bad! What I seem to have misunderstood was that it appears to have been "Characters from a Girls Gone Wild" video or the ever popular "Characters from my favorite Penthouse letters" Day. What . The . F . David . Blaine! Are these girls crazy or more importantly are their parents lunatics!!!???? And what happened to the school dress code or more importantly what happened to covering your ass before you leave the house?

So how happy was I that my 16 year-old daughter B. and her BFF M. told me they were going as Harry Potter. Not the Playboy version, and not "naughty Harry", but the real literary Harry Potter!
How cute are they! Way cuter than any "Harry Gone Wild." How happy am I? Sooooooo Happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment