Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mean People Suck!

Mean People Suck! I don't know why it's so upsetting to me when people are mean, after 42 years I should be use to it, but I'm not. I think maybe it's because I tend to bend over backwards to try and make eveyone happy and everyone else's life easier and better. Often to the deteriment of my own. I'm much more likely to cancel, rearrange or change my plans or my families plans to accomodate someone else. You need a volunteer for something, I am compelled to volunteer. No one else will do it... Okay I will. A sign up sheet goes around... I sign my name. Isn't that what we're supposed to do? For a long time, whenever I went to a meeting I had to carry a folder with a note that John wrote taped to it. The note said... "Julie says NO." I'm not complaining (my family may be, but I'm not) that's just the way I am. I'm always worried about everyone else's feelings, needs and plans.

I try not to be mean ever; I try to be tolerant and non-judgemental. Do I gossip occasionally - of course. Have I made some snide comments in confidence to my friends - Guilty! But, I've never been outright mean, right to someone's face (except that one episode in 5th grade - sorry Tammy!). I tend to always try and come up with the positive perspective - much to my husband's irritation. He often says, Can't you ever agree with me?"

So, last night when someone was mean to me, right to my face - I was flabbergasted! Especially since I thought I was trying to be helpful and looking out for the best interests of a certian group, trying to do a good thing. But apparently I'm a money-grubbing, know it all; trying to steal away the rights and freedoms of groups everywhere. Whatever... I thought I was trying to help.

I'm trying to look at this like an isolated incident and move on, but frankly my feelings are hurt and it sticks in my craw, and...Mean People Suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment