Wednesday, October 14, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog

For at least the last 3 years I have added "Start Blog" to my New Year's To Do list. I carry it around for about 3 months always starting my To Do list with "Start Blog" until eventually I scratch it off. I've had quite a few people tell me I should blog, but.... the excuses are many... I'm too busy, I'm really only funny in my Christmas Letters, does anyone really care about what I would write about etc... I also worry that my particular brand of humorous (or what I think is humorous) sarcasm would not translate well through a blog. Would people understand that most of the time I.AM.KIDDING or would I spend half my blog apologizing to the people I've offended or hurt. Oh the pressure. I just want everyone to be happy!

But yesterday, I ended up with a free 30 minutes in the morning. I'd done all the important stuff. I'd checked my email, I'd updated my FaceBook, I'd looked in on all the blogs I follow and I'd bellowed up the stairs for the kids to get up and get busy RIGHT NOW! Now what... I could.. unload the dishwasher, do the dishes that didn't make it into the dishwasher, pack a lunch, check a backpack.... ah... No. Instead Zack walked down the stairs caught me rechecking some blogs and said... "You should write a blog." Out of the mouths of babes - so right then and there I did it. See what happens when I have free time... bad things happen... and now here I am... The pressure... the pressure...

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm delighted that you have started a blog. You were my biggest follower when I wrote mine so I will be your biggest fan in return. It's bound to be hilarious. Miss you. Could you make a special guest star appearance at book club sometime? We could make it a big surprise for the others.
    Laura P.
    Oh, also, I love "Bones" Are you watching "glee" and "Modern family". I'm rather enjoying them too.

    ReplyDelete