Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's a Christmas Miracle only 3 months later...

It can be said that my Zachary is not a morning person.  He takes after his mother in that he loves him some sleeping.  School mornings are not very enjoyable in our house.   For the last few years our mornings involve me yelling, pleading, threatening until the boy drags himself into the shower and then I still have to be on guard that he doesn't lay back down after the shower.  Alarm clocks go unheeded and the boy sleeps on.  This past Christmas Santa, in a stroke of genius found a very intriguing alarm clock.  I don't know why it took me so long to put the clock into use, old habits die hard and I guess the morning wasn't complete until I screamed and threatened bodily harm to my boy.  Because nothing says Good Morning like screaming up the stairs, " If you don't get up right now, I'm going to rip off your arms and beat you over the head with the bloody stumps!"  What teenager in his right mind wouldn't just jump up and race to the shower with that cheery wake up call!
Anyway, for whatever reason I grew tired of our morning routine and I dug the Christmas alarm clock out of the Big Pile o' Sh** on Zack's floor and plugged that bad boy in....

IT WORKED! IT WORKED!
 For the last week he's gotten up and into the shower all by himself!  All it took was a beeping target alarm and a gun! We put the clock across the room.  The alarm goes off, the target pops up and he has to aim and shoot the target to turn it off!  It's a beautiful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment