Thursday, April 4, 2013

The weekend wasn't over... we still had Easter as well!

After our exhausting Regatta, we still had Easter ahead of us.  The kids got their Easter Baskets and proceeded to dye eggs.  Sometimes I think dyeing the eggs is more complicated the older they get.  They had a great time, minus a brief fight about who put the egg in the yellow dye and who put the egg in the blue dye.
Give me strength



We did it typical Mt. Burnside Style... cul-de-sac BBQ.  Unfortunately, the weather was sucky.  Windy, rainy and freaking cold.  So we moved it into the Prices' house, with the egg hunt taking place in our house.  The "big" kids got to hunt for 5 huge eggs that were hidden outside...in the rain...cause if those kids really still want to hunt for eggs, then we're gonna make them work for it!

Then the "big" kids, hid eggs for the little ones in our house.  They had over 200 eggs to hide in our house! Then we turned the little ones loose... it was a crazy, wild, melee.... I think everyone had a great time.  I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, the little ones hunting with their baskets or the parents following along behind "helping."  I am happy to report, nothing got broken, no one cried and everyone got PLENTY of eggs!  
I just love our neighborhood so much!  We ate too much, laughed too much and just had a great time!

P.S.  3 days later.. I've found 7 more eggs.. it's like my own personal egg hunt everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment