Saturday, January 25, 2014

Tri It Now

Tomorrow I'm heading out to a Triathlon Clinic, to take the first step toward part of my 2014 Resolution.  It's an all day seminar, with a swimming portion, running portion and a little bit about bikes etc..  I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also EXTREMELY nervous.  I'm particularly nervous about the swim part.  I'm not sure I can even swim 6 strokes without stopping and resting or putting my feet down!  I actually bought a new bathing suit for it, because I didn't want to wear my grandma skirt bathing suit.  So, I bought one that looks like what I imagine a triathlete would wear.  Of course Virginia in Jan is not the best time to be looking for a bathing suit so I ended up buying separate pieces, I found the bottoms at Dicks which was a relief because I got to try those on before I bought them.  The tops ( I got 2) I had to order on line.  (Don't ask me why Dicks sells bottoms, but no tops???) Ordering on line, was a totally nightmare - I think I ended up returning 5-6 tops before I finally found 2 I could tolerate.  I just hope all the kids don't point and laugh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment