Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014

Happy New Year 2014

We celebrated in the typical Mt. Burnside Tradition.  We all got together and ate too much, played games, laughed, drank and ate some more! Seriously, I was incubating a 13lb New Years food baby all night long!  I always start off the night with the best of intentions, but the dip just calls my name and then there were ribs, and cheesecake and the list of yummies goes on and on!  We played a rousing game of Scattagories in which even the teenage boys joined and, oh my goodness, they answers those boys came up with.   I think Zack was just trying to come up with the most outrageous answers he possibly could.  Oh how he made us laugh.  I'm not sure we could have laughed any more or been any louder, but it was great fun. 

The party ended about 1030pm, which is pretty darn late for the cul-de-sac, so as usual I got to actually watch the ball drop in bed in my jammies.  That's really the best way! 
 Brenna decided to drive down to Richmond to spent New Year's with a new "sorta, maybe, potential" boyfriend and some other neighbors from Radford. John and I were a little hesitant/nervous about letting her drive down there by herself, but she came home safe and sound.   It's one of those situations where we really want to keep her home with us, but realize that we have to let her make her own decisions and use her own judgement.  I am relieved to say, she did great.  


Today - I decided to start the New Year off on the right foot… a Running foot! 
I ran my first 5K of the year today.  I was a little worried that my residual food baby would drag me down, but it turned out that maybe I should take a food baby with me more often!  I actually PR'ed my first 5K of the year!! 29.12 - I was pretty pumped about it.  I did run a 28.59 at the Robinson 5K in Nov, but according to my GPS watch that race was really only 3.05.  Today's race was 3.17.  My next best time was 29.32.  So, Hip, Hip Hooray for me!  It was a decent race, with tons of people, so it was hard in the beginning to get going - it was a narrow course so we were really packed in at the start, but I found my way and ended up doing just fine.

One race down…



No comments:

Post a Comment