Monday, January 27, 2014

Did someone say Swim… shit they did!

The Triathlon Clinic was good.  There were only 6 of us, so it was very informal and not at all intimidating… until… THE POOL!  Sweet Jesus, I thought I could swim, but I was so wrong.  I mean, I'm not going to drown or anything, but I am REALLY, REALLY bad at swimming!  Even a little panicky in the water.  I  couldn't even swim one length of the pool with our getting water  up my nose, or in my mouth or having to stop.  It was humbling in many ways.  Now no one was really great at swimming except for the one lady who'd been on swim team all her life, and the other 2 that were taking swim lessons…  I don't know if I can do this swim thing… The ladies all ended up talking me into registering for a Mother's Day Mini Triathlon.  But even the mini you have to swim 400yards… doesn't sound like a lot until you realize it's SIXTEEN freaking lengths of the pool and I couldn't swim even ONE!

I'm not saying the Triathlon dream is dead, but it's going to take a hell of a lot more work than I thought.  I'm not giving up yet….

No comments:

Post a Comment