Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A sad happy day

Brenna and John left on their adventure to Wisconsin today.  I tried to be very brave, because I don't want Brenna to feel bad or not be excited... but I'm not feeling very brave!  I'm missing my girl.  2 days with her was just not enough and of course all I can imagine right now is her sitting lonely and crying in her hotel room!  I know John is going to take good care of her and make sure she gets settled, but I can't help myself. I don't know why it seems like I'm never going to see her, because actually when I really thought about it, it won't be that different from Radford.  While she was at school, we saw her Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring break and summer.  We'll probably see her the same times even when she's in WI, so it won't really be that different, I guess it just seems like it will be because she's so much farther away.  There was just the potential that she could come home on the weekend if she chose from Radford.  Anyway,  I couldn't even talk about her today.  A couple people asked about her at work today, and it was all I could do not to burst into tears every time someone mentioned her! :o)  They are stopping tonight in Chicago and staying with Colleen and seem to be enjoying their road trip.

The one thing I have going for me right now, is Zack and I leave for Stotesbury tomorrow, so I will have that as a distraction to keep me from dwelling on her being gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment