Sunday, May 17, 2015

Stotesbury 2015

I'm not sure it's even possible to recap the crazy that is Stotesbury.  I'm still so exhausted and I feel like I've been hit by a truck, but it was a great weekend.  It's always crazy, wild, exciting, exhausting and work, so much work, but it's Stotesbury!  We took 12 boats, we had 5 make it to semi-finals and 1 (Women's Light 4) make it to finals.  They got 6th.  It wasn't as successful as everyone had hoped, but I think everyone had a great time.  They always do and that's the main point of Stotesbury!  Zack's boat was 11th out of 12.  I think they were disappointed about that, but seemed to feel pretty good about their row.  The competition is just so intense at this level.  They seemed to have a pretty good attitude and are looking forward to Nationals.  My freshman were 34th out of 39, which is actually about par with what our freshman have done in the past.  I think they were satisfied and seemed to enjoy themselves immensely for the rest of the weekend.  
Recap in pictures...
One of the winners for the best items packed... Calculus book and pink star sunglasses...winner Zack Hyzy!!  Sometimes I just don't know what to make of that boy!  So, damn funny!
Girls Bus




Boys bus
Again, I don't know what to make of this boy!  He just makes me laugh, all the time!

Our Freshman mixed boat - Game faces ON!

Lightweights chilling' under the tent waiting for their time trial


We took a huge group of kids up to the Strawberry Mansion Bridge to watch the 8's race.  The best view ever and such a nice time!


8's on the water

Sometimes your just so tired, it doesn't matter where you are when 3 o'clock nap time hits!



Stotesbury Team 2015

Freshman 8 - so proud of these boys this season.  Last Novice race, now they are big boys.

I love my Lightweights!   Always will!

No comments:

Post a Comment