Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I wish it had been as easy as clicking our heels twice and wishing for home...

We woke up this morning and decided...12 hours... YES WE CAN!  So we piled into the car, buckled up and headed out!  We did it!  We made it!  No one cried, no one whined and the cranky pants stayed packed away!
The only issue was that since I've given up soda and caffeine, my only real "stay awake" crutch was food.  I pretty much ate to keep myself awake.  There was biscuits and gravy to start the day off, followed by pretty much anything I could get my hands on.  Jack in the Box tacos, beef jerky, chewy sprees, veggies and dip,  french fries... do I really need to go on.  I'm lucky I didn't eat myself into a food coma, but I sure tried!  My food baby should be ready to be delivered at a moment's notice!

The kids were great travelers!  Brenna even drove for a little bit for me.  Sadly riding in the back of the van made me car sick so she only got to drive for about an hour, but it still helped me out.

We're all so glad to be home - the puppies were hysterically happy to see us and if it didn't make John sound like a sissy I'd say he was hysterically happy to see us as well.  I am hysterically happy to be back with my own things, in my own bed and with my whole family.

Great Vacation and Great to be home.  Isn't that the way it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment