Monday, July 2, 2012

New Recipe Night - Dijon Chicken Linquine

It's been a long stretch for New Recipe Night.  It's actually be a long stretch since I've cooked.  With John's new job, he's working 14-16 hour days, 7 days a week - Zack doesn't eat real food and Brenna is here hit or miss so I haven't seen the point in cooking.  But, now that the new clinics are open and it looks like his hours may settle down a little I'm jumping back in with both feet.

Dijon Chicken Linguine with Mushrooms and Toasted Almonds
350 gram package linguine, cooked
4 boneless, chicken breasts
1 cup mushrooms
3 Tbsp olive oil
4 cloves minced garlic
salt and pepper to season
1/2 cup toasted, slivered almonds
4 oz white wine
2 cups whipping cream
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard

Heat olive oil in large frying pan.  Add chicken breasts, garlic, season with salt and pepper and continue to cook chicken until done.  Remove chicken from pan and hold in a warm oven.  Add to the pan wine and simmer until volume is reduced by half.  Then add whipping cream, mustard, salt and pepper to taste.  Simmer until sauce thickens enough to coat a metal spoon.  Return chicken to sauce, add the mushrooms and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.  Serve over cooked linguine.  Sprinkle with toasted almonds.

John loved it, but I don't know if he loved it because it was really good or because it's the first time I've cooked in weeks.  I thought it was good, but I'm not sure it was good enough to counteract the fact that it has 2 cups of heavy cream in it!  I'll keep the recipe for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment