Sunday, October 14, 2012

3 minutes may not seem like much to you, but it's my version of a marathon!

        I just finished my 3rd week doing my 5K trainer program.  It's 8 weeks from couch to 5K and for someone like me it's going to take at least 8 weeks to be able to run a 5K.  As a matter of fact when I look ahead and see that I'm supposed to be able to run for 35 minutes at the end of this program - I want to panic!  35 MINUTES!  I can hardly sit through a 35 minute TV program without getting bored and these people want me to RUN for 35 mins!!  Seems daunting and impossible!  So, I'm going to focus on the present.  I just finished week 3 which is the longest I've ever kept up any kind of running program.  Not that I've even attempted many running programs.  Today I ran for 3 minutes straight.  Go  ahead and laugh if you want to, but I am totally thrilled!  3 minutes and it wasn't even that hard, except the one uphill part!  I've been trying to time my runs so that I'm either on flat ground or going downhill, but occasionally a hill sneaks in and I want to die.  This time I kept going.  Zoey is hanging with me pretty well also.  She and I both feel the same way about running, at least that's how I interpret the looks she gives me when I say "Okay, Let's Go."  But, we're sticking with it and while I don't want to jinx myself, but I almost want to say I'm enjoying it.  I "almost" look forward to the run part of our walk.  Of course it helps that the weather has been beautiful and any excuse to be outside is a good one.   For now we'll keep on running...

No comments:

Post a Comment