Thursday, October 11, 2012

Family Weekend 2012

She loves her pups

     Seems like every time I turn around another week has slipped through my fingers.  Everyday I sit down and I think "I need to blog" but by the time I slow down and get a minute I'm exhausted and the last thing I want to do is stare at the computer.  But, if I don't "just do it" I probably never will.  It's just been busy with the minutae of life!
B's apartment
    Last weekend, Zack and I and the dogs headed down to Radford for Family Weekend.  John was in Canada fishing with Markie so he missed out on all the fun.  We had a very nice time.  As always I think Brenna was more excited by the dogs than us, but what are you gonna do.  She has settled in very nicely at her apartment.  No drama with the roommates and they've bonded with most of the apartments in their building.  They all do lots of stuff together and seem to be having lots of fun!  Probably a little too much fun judging by the number of bottles that line their kitchen.  I just tried to keep my eyes averted when I went in the kitchen.  We didn't do much, just hung out and enjoyed being together.  We did get to go see some of her Labs and that was fun.  She's got a Zoology project that involves catching, killing and pining bugs to a display case.  She was very excited show us all her stuff.
 
Genetics lab
More genetics
Zoology lab - pining bugs






I love it, when the kids finally get along and like each other!  It warms a mommy's heart!  We went to see a hypnotist show, that was totally lame and fake!  It was a little embarrassing.  All in all, it was just nice to see how well our girl is settling in.  I just can't say enough times how proud and amazed I am by all she is doing and becoming.  All those middle school years and early high school years that we despaired that she'd become anything except a sociopath and now look at her!  It's lots of fun to see her, but it just makes me miss her more when we leave.  But, I'm so proud of her, that at least when we go I don't have to worry about her.  I'm just a little sad.


All those years I spent telling them to "pretend you are an only child!  Pretend you can't see or hear your brother/sister.'  Now look at them.  Brenna smothered Zack almost as much as she smothered the dogs. I guess something went right.

No comments:

Post a Comment