Saturday, October 13, 2012

Some say remodeling is just another way to say divorce proceedings... I guess time will tell...

The Great Bathroom Remodel 2012 is 2 days away.  John got a very nice little bonus from Spectrum for opening his clinics on time and under budget so we decided to stop talking and actually get the master bath taken care of.  It was the only thing about the house we HATED when we move in.  So, 6 years we're finally getting around to doing something about it.  I am very much looking forward to having a walk-in closet, but sad to be losing our double sinks.  Overall I think it will be awesome, but it's the process I am not a fan of.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't like change and I don't make decisions well.   We're replacing everything.  Sink, toliet, tub, mirrors, tile, paint and on and on and on.  It all has to be discussed, looked out, debated, chosen, ordered and lived with.  None of which I'm very good at.  When presented with too many choices I tend to want to cover my ears, curl into a fetal ball and begin humming to myself.  For the most part it's been an okay experience.  I'm really good at telling John what I don't like and he's really good at making decisions.  So, we've picked out tile, a vanity, toliet and bathtub... I just hope I like everything when it's here and in.  I'm so not good at imagining what something is going to look like out of the box and in my house.  I guess we'll just wait and see.  Here are the before pictures and hopefully in the not to distant future the stunning after pictures will be ready!
View from the bedroom

Hateful cabinets and sinks

Old tile


Most hated closet

No comments:

Post a Comment