Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year, New Blog, New Resolutions 2015

I have been really remiss in keeping up with my blog.  I'm going to try and go back and fill in eventually, but for now, I'm just going to start fresh.  We had a very quiet New Year's Eve.
 Brenna jetted off off to Brazil to spend 9 days with Melanie and some family friends.  John, Zack and I destroyed some crab legs, watched a movie and went to bed hoping the new year would arrive without us actually ringing it in!
It did!

I ran my first race of the year - The Resolution 5K.  Which led me to think about my Resolutions for 2015.  I found a website called Run this Year.  You can either run 2015 miles or 2015 kilometers.  I'm going to go for the kilometers instead of miles, it will be easier.  Either way it's going to be insanely hard to accomplish, it's 3-4 miles everyday, but it will give me something to aim for.  I'm also going to include all the meters I'm erging as well.  Since I'm erging 3 days a week, that will hopefully help me get there.  I won't worry about races every single month, but will still try and do some as I feel like it.
The 2nd part of my Resolution - is MUCH MORE DIFFICULT to accomplish.  I've decided that I need/should attempt to GIVE UP FRUIT SNACKS!  Oh how I love fruit snacks!  I blame it all on little Evey Price who first introduced me to them about 2 years ago.  It's not like I eat an inordinate amount of them, but I do eat more than I probably need to, maybe 3-4 little snack packs a day.  Which isn't that bad until you consider each bag has 90 calories, which again isn't the end of the world 4 bags = 360 calories, until you realize that a 3 mile run is about 300 calories.  In essence, if I eat 3-4 little packs a day, then I have totally negated my 3 mile run - I might as well have not even run!  Say What??!!  
The other part that will make this difficult is that the entire Crew Team is addicted to fruit snacks as well.  We call them Fruit Crack.  I will have to continue to be the Crew Team Fruit Crack supplier, but refrain from partaking myself.  The True Test!

Here's to 2015 - resolutions, health, happiness and success in whatever guise it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment