Saturday, January 31, 2015

And so it begins....

I always feel like the real start of our season begins with Mid Atlantic Erg Sprints at TC Williams High School.  We took 25 rowers!  A great turnout, including quite a few novices! Mids is always a tough competition since the cream of the crop come, but I think everyone had a great time.  Zack only did the Quad Slide event with his friends, he didn't feel like doing his individual age event and I don't blame him.  There slide took 3rd place right behind the Senior quad.  5638 meters vs. 5574 meters.  A difference of 64 meters!  Both did better than last year.  A good day! I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off, but that's okay.  None of the other coaches seemed even remotely interested in making sure kids got to the warm up area or to their races on time...so I did.  Maybe I should have let them fend for themselves, but that's not my nature, especially the novices.  It was a great day.
Mighty Junior Quad - Zack, Connor Grubbs, Josef Millner and Bart Creed

Buddies since freshman year!

In action!



No comments:

Post a Comment