Saturday, January 2, 2016

Goals not resolutions....

I quit making resolutions a number of years ago, then I started running and I "resolved" to continue with it and decided to make goals instead.  The first year was 1 5K a month - done, 2nd year - 1 race a month including a Half Marathon - done, last year run/row 2015 kilometers - done (barely) but done.  I went back and forth trying to figure out what goal I wanted to accomplish this year.  I've been in such a running funk that I couldn't decide if I should choose a running goal in the hopes that it would make me run more or if I should just let it go and come up with something else...  I decided that since I had a pretty successful rowing season and I want to get better and stronger so that I can continue with the racing women and more importantly my bow buddy, I'd make a rowing goal.  So....
2016 Goal...
1,000,000 meters!!  
Water and erg meters.  I'm going to continue to run, because it helps my rowing, but I'm going to let the focus be more on the rowing and less on the running.  I think it might help me with the running.  If I'm just running to help stay fit for rowing and not racing then time is really not as big a factor so I can just run to run and not worry about pace or time!  Win, Win!

Part 2 - I'm going to work on cultivating a more "go with the flow" attitude.  I'm going to try and relax a little bit more, let things happen.  I spend so much time worrying about the future and trying to envision every scenario that could possibly happen, that I make myself miserable.  Try and let other people do more, let somethings fall by the wayside... this may be the hardest resolution/goal I've ever embarked on...

No comments:

Post a Comment