Monday, September 3, 2012

Nervous, worried, hesitant and little excited with a few small seeds of panic thrown in...

       Tomorrow's the day... I know I've said it before but I cannot believe my baby boy will be in HIGH SCHOOL!  It's exciting, heart-wrenching, gut-clenching all at the same time.  I know in my head that he is totally ready for this.  He is happy, confident, strong.  He has plenty of friends, he's been up at the high school with me, taken tours, for heaven's sake he's been in this same school system since he was in the 3rd grade.  It's as close to a "home town" as any military brat could ever get.  I KNOW he's going to be fine, but my heart is FREAKING OUT!!  Now is the time that I try not to project all my insecurities onto him.  Will he be able to find his classes, will he have any friends, will he have someone to eat lunch with, will he be able to find his bus home... you know the drill....
      I dont' think I even worried this much about Brenna, of course part of that could have been that she was deep into the obnoxious, rude, snotty teenage years, so maybe we didn't like her as much! :o)  Zack is just barely dipping his toes into those rude, obnoxious years!  We still like him a lot...mostly! :o)
    It makes me laugh, if you ask any of the boys...Zack, Tyler, Sal or Wyatt if they are excited or ready for school,  they are like, "yeah, sure, whatever."  If you ask any of the mothers, they are likely to fall into a quivering ball of nerves and doubts.  That's why we're all meeting for mimosas and drunken gummies as soon as they get on the bus!
There's noting wrong with drinking at 730am...right???  Just a small orange juice drink...it's actually a healthy breakfast drink...

He's ready.  I know he's ready so I'm just gonna hold on tight (but not too tight) and go along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment