Wednesday, November 23, 2011

45... it's the new 25.. or 35.. oh who am I kidding it feels like the new 65!

Had my birthday yesterday.  45 years old... geez, how does that happen.  John has spent the last couple of days wandering around mumbling, "I can't believe  I'm sleeping with a 45 year old woman" and things like that.  I like to remind him that he's closer to 50 than me.   Geez, 45... that means if I'm lucky enough to live to 90, my life is half over!  Sort of a sobering thought, but I shan't dwell on that.
I had a very nice day.  It was quiet.  I walked the dogs,  I took a nap and generally putzed around.  My In-laws arrived mid-afternoon and we all went out for a nice dinner.  I opened presents when we got home.  I got lots of cool things, snow boots that look like tennis shoes, makeup bag, my favorite candy - among other things.  Even all my girlfriends remembered me.  Tons of people sent me messages on Facebook and that was very fun.  Friends from high school, from all over the country and many local friends.  It's amazing how good it makes you feel when you go on Facebook and there a tons of birthday messages waiting for you.  Just a simple Happy Birthday, can make you feel so treasured.  I guess you should never underestimate the power of letting someone know that you took a minute out of your day to think about them.

I tell the kids every year that all I want for my birthday is a handmade card.  I don't need gifts, I don't need anything special except a handmade card.  Those stinkers didn't let me down.  They both made me cards and they were MUSHY cards!  I almost cried...out loud...I definitely got teary-eyed.
All in all, a great day and I am very thankful for my family and friends who made me feel very valued and appreciated!  Getting old is not so bad when you have friends and family around you.

On a complete side note....
This is what happens when you can no longer out last your children and  you go to bed leaving them up and giggling together....  It's curling irons gone wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment