Wednesday, November 30, 2011

To cleanse or not to cleanse...

I've been toying with the idea for months of doing some sort of cleanse.  I just feel like my eating has gotten a little out of control.  Not so much the amount, although who in the world wouldn't like to lose 5-10 lbs, but mainly what I'm eating.  Just junk lately,  whatever is easiest to grab and eat, whatever takes the least amount of effort.  I would like to just hit restart and start over.  But... there is no way I can do any sort of lemon juice, cayenne pepper thing.  It has to be something reasonable not torturous.  Not eating is going to be bad enough, not to mention having to choke down some god awful concoction.  As a woman who is famous for getting cranky if she misses a meal... a cleanse seems a little daunting.  I am the one that the work "Hangry" was invented for. When the kids were little... John would say... "don't talk to mommy until we get her some food."   If I seem a little touchy or cranky, the first thing everyone askes is "Have you eaten?"  I admit that not eating for 3 days seems a little bit like asking for trouble.  But I need something to wake me up and snap me out of this bad food choice hell I'm living in.  So... I found a book called 3 Day Cleanse.  It seems to be a very reasonable approach to the idea of cleansing.  You drink lots of fruit juices and smoothies.  Herbal teas, nut milks and if you absolutely get DESPERATE ( or more likely your family gets desperate) and before the police are called.... you can eat some cucumber, celery or even a bit of avocado.  I envision my family standing in the bedroom doorway and just lobbing cucumbers and celery sticks at me.  Just knowing that I can eat something if I have to, makes me feel like I can do it.
I even used my credit card points to buy a Jack Lalanne juicer in preparation.  I have given up caffeine and soda.  I am ready to go.  Let's see if I can actually follow through... D-day is Friday....

No comments:

Post a Comment