Wednesday, November 9, 2011

When is driving home from Radford like an episode of Twilight Zone or Groundhog Day?

When you stop at the halfway point in your trip - 2 1/2 hours into the trip home - and Zack says, "I'm going to start my homework."  As you get out of the car to walk the dogs, you think... "He's such a good boy."  Until.... you get back to the car and he then says, "Where's my backpack?"  WHAT DO YOU MEAN "where is my backpack?"  Turns out said backpack is still in the hotel room with his Spanish project (due Monday), his Language Arts homework and his Math extra credit!!!  WTF!?  If it had been anything but school work, I would have blown it off and had them mail it back to us.  But you can't mess with school work.  So we turned around and drove back to Radford, then turned around and drove home. 5 hour drive became 10 hour drive!  It's a good thing he's so damn cute, you can't stay mad for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment