Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween ReCap




I've always said that if it isn't late, it isn't from me! So, here's my Halloween recap only a week or two late.  I always have the best of intentions, but the worst of follow through.  This was a different Halloween.  Brenna was gone, and Zack is at that funky age where he's really too old to trick or treat with his family, but still too young for me to just let him go off by himself with friends I don't know.  He's in some sort of limbo land.  He made a "lame-o" costume (because I won't let him go out without a costume) and went out for about 15 minutes and then came back and hung out with the grown ups and ate all our candy.
Lame-O costume

 
Chili table
 While the actual Halloween maybe have been a little lame.  We had a fabulous Pre-Halloween Mt. Burnside BBQ and Chili Cook-off!  We had six different kinds of chili, there were secret ballots and PRIZES!  We had pumpkin carving, painting - glitter and feathers! I know I've said it before, but it bears saying again.  I LOVE MY NEIGHBORHOOD!  It's like a Leave it to Beaver neighborhood. I don't think there are many places in the world that you can throw
6 or 7 houses together and have all the husbands, wives and children get along.  We ate chili, carved pumpkins and just had a great time hanging out together.

Candy Haul
 

No comments:

Post a Comment